Monday, January 10, 2011

Chef/Dad

Ellie with me, her adoring Dad

Gone are the days of: "Honey, I'm home!" Husband walks in awaiting home-cooked meal and martini.

Times have changed.

It is not so uncommon now to walk into a kitchen and see a man standing over the stove awaiting his wife to come home from a long day's work, and in my case, there very well may be a beautiful little girl on my back helping with the finishing touches of that night's dinner.

I have been cooking now for over ten years. Started at the bottom as a line cook, attended The Art Institute, moved onward ho to Sous Chef, Executive Chef...you get the picture. My corporate experience has been in a very busy "burn and turn" environment and has evolved to the relaxing, self pace of my own catering company. But no matter how exciting or busy that days work might have been, nothing gives me more pleasure than cooking for friends and family.

Fast forward to real life:
It's 4:30am. Am I dreaming or is that Ellie I hear?...yep, it's Ellie-my beautiful 17 month old. The stars may still be in full shine and the birds haven't even thought of the song they may sing when morning finally arrives, but my little angel is ready for Daddy's famous scrambled eggs.
This is how my day starts.

Cooking is my passion. I love food and creating amazing dishes and sharing them with friends and family. In this blog, I plan to talk about how to cook for large parties and how to execute those dishes that will amaze your family, no matter how big or small. I know my wife and Ellie can't wait to see what's on the menu tonight.

Thanks for coming and enjoy the read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Question about the meal? Comment about your outcome? Comment here and I'll answer back...